Wednesday, September 5, 2007

I took my Dolls to The West Texas Fair yesterday... Who would think I would start shaking and couldn't speak? Not me, that is for sure... I'am never at a loss for words. I can never say that again..
They start drooling over my dolls and I was in shock.. I guess I thought there were going to be others that were so much better than myself. I just really think anyone can do what I do.

For those who don't know, Texas isn't big on Primitives.. I had to tell them what a primitive was and my dolls are up agaist "pretty CLEAN looking dolls".. Oh my Goodness, I'll be lucky to get a ribbon! I think they were drooling because they knew they were going to win a ribbon and not me.

As I was getting ready to leave the Fair, A lady asked me if I would mind teaching her how to sculpt? She said she knows a bunch of church ladies that want to learn as well.. Of course I wouldn't be getting paid for it but It sure would be great fun.

I'll be going to the fair on Friday and I hope to find out if I placed and if I will at least get a ribbon. I'll take some pictures of the fair and post them soon.
Wish me luck!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Mae Hoover was born in Texas and traveled the world by being an Army Brat. As a Child she didn't have a lot of dolls, most were left behind in her many moves. Mae has had great deal curiosity in the mechanics of doll making and clothes. When she was just 11 years old, she asked her Mother for an old Sheet. Her mother was resistance but gave her the sheet anyway. Mae cut and Hand stitched her first Halloween Dress without a pattern. She has been hooked ever since. Designing and creating dolls is her passion. She has a natural ability when creating "One of a Kind Fabric and Clay Dolls". The Scissors are her Pen and the Fabric is her Paper.... She never using molds when working with the Clay. She only works with the gifts that have been given to her by God. Always made with "a Wing and a Prayer". Her dolls can be purchased on e-bay or from the Artist exclusively... Ever wonder why a name like TatteredCowWings? It's Simply because she hit a truck loaded down with cows, hit her head and woke to see cows with wings.. She had a second chance at life.. God is Good!