Sunday, January 20, 2008

I've been trying to keep my mind busy after everything that has been going on. God Knows I need a break but I don't see that happening any time soon. So I've been working my fingers to the bone (sewing, painting and sculpting)on some dolls.

I listed three Items on " rantingraven.com " and I had four dolls on e-bay. As most of you have seen, it's not going well for me. I thought maybe it would pick up but thats not the case.
Sorry I have to Ranting...
One Doll that I have on ebay right now is only at $15.00, and thats unreal! In this doll, I have $10.00 just in Paper clay, $16.00 for the glass eyes, $5.00 for the vintage shoes. Only the best for my dolls!! And that doesn't include the fabrics, wool or time.. Oh and lets not forget about the list fees on ebay, $19.95 to place the auction at the top of the page.



Hhmmmmm?? Then someone wants me to give my doll away for a little of nothing??? The way I see it is, My Mom, My daughters, and granddaughters will enjoy each and every one of them. I know they will love them and will know how much money, time and thought that goes to all of them.

In these last few months, I've change to way I do things just because most of the things I did went without a thank you or kiss my toe.
I no longer give free gifts and the shipping is no longer on me. In the past I gladly picked up all most all the shipping cost. I can count on one hand how many times someone said thank you if that tells you anything.
As far as the free gifts, I can count on one hand how many times someone said thank you as well.
Most people didn't even take the time to write an email saying thank you.
Then I found out that most doll makers like myself don't give anything away, no free gifts and they would never pick up the extra on shipping.

Sorry for ranting.. Now that's off of my mind, I feel better.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Mae Hoover was born in Texas and traveled the world by being an Army Brat. As a Child she didn't have a lot of dolls, most were left behind in her many moves. Mae has had great deal curiosity in the mechanics of doll making and clothes. When she was just 11 years old, she asked her Mother for an old Sheet. Her mother was resistance but gave her the sheet anyway. Mae cut and Hand stitched her first Halloween Dress without a pattern. She has been hooked ever since. Designing and creating dolls is her passion. She has a natural ability when creating "One of a Kind Fabric and Clay Dolls". The Scissors are her Pen and the Fabric is her Paper.... She never using molds when working with the Clay. She only works with the gifts that have been given to her by God. Always made with "a Wing and a Prayer". Her dolls can be purchased on e-bay or from the Artist exclusively... Ever wonder why a name like TatteredCowWings? It's Simply because she hit a truck loaded down with cows, hit her head and woke to see cows with wings.. She had a second chance at life.. God is Good!