Saturday, November 22, 2008

Have you seen the movie Bordertown?

Time to talk about something other than dolls for just a few minutes.

Here I gooooo, getting on my Soap box.

I never have enough time to watch a whole Movie but I did tonight, which is very uncommon for me.
The movie of the night was "Bordertown"...
The movie was base on a true story by Babrbara Jitner
www.usd.edu/ctrcivic/flyers/jitner.pdf

Oh my.. Where in the world Have I been living, Under a rock? You know I heard about the missing women and murders in Juarez, Mexico back in 2005 or 2006 but I thought they caught the people that did this.
I guess I was wrong to think that because women are still missings and being murdered there.

My heart goes out to all the Families that have lived the nightmare of having a loved one murdered. That is truly be beyond my thought process, and I pray I never know that kind of pain.

http://thejuarezproject.com

At least here we have a Justices system weather some believe it works as it should or not. We still have it!


Oh and lets not forget about the "free trade agreement" with Mexico. I know that Mexico makes products cheaper than we can but I didn't really know at what cost until I did some reading and here is just some of that article..

Wages are so inadequate that most workers cannot afford to their own vehicles. The Maquiladoras provide free buses to transport their Mexican workers from various parts of the city. The workers earned an average of $5 - $7 dollars a day.

Since 2000, more than 5000 mostly US-owned assembly-line factories in Mexico had moved to China. In Juarez, a beginning machine operator earns less than $8 a day, whereas the counterpart worker in China makes only $2 a day!

AlliedSignal's Top executive, Lawrence Bossidy, personally took home a bigger paycheck than the company's entire Mexican workforce. He made 6,765 times as much as the average maquiladora worker -- and 1,000 times more than the average US factory worker.

Wow, How bout that "free trade agreement"! The rich get richer and the poor just poorer.
I think I'll be watching what I buy a little closer now like I did in the 90s.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Mae Hoover was born in Texas and traveled the world by being an Army Brat. As a Child she didn't have a lot of dolls, most were left behind in her many moves. Mae has had great deal curiosity in the mechanics of doll making and clothes. When she was just 11 years old, she asked her Mother for an old Sheet. Her mother was resistance but gave her the sheet anyway. Mae cut and Hand stitched her first Halloween Dress without a pattern. She has been hooked ever since. Designing and creating dolls is her passion. She has a natural ability when creating "One of a Kind Fabric and Clay Dolls". The Scissors are her Pen and the Fabric is her Paper.... She never using molds when working with the Clay. She only works with the gifts that have been given to her by God. Always made with "a Wing and a Prayer". Her dolls can be purchased on e-bay or from the Artist exclusively... Ever wonder why a name like TatteredCowWings? It's Simply because she hit a truck loaded down with cows, hit her head and woke to see cows with wings.. She had a second chance at life.. God is Good!